In the box…
It was a pretty busy time this week, which kept the weekly update email from going out in time. Here is a quick synopsis:
- The lettuces and spinach are amazing… Poached some for farmers testing, and the texture, color and flavor were outstanding.
- all four radish types are up and good; a few or a bunch depending on your desires.
- Carrots (outside) are still homely but good. There are some damaged spots that have to be cut out; and they are small.
- Parsnips are small as well, but cut up nicely and make good soup.
- Pac Choi is getting some size. If people want some, it can happen.
- Cabbage is still tiny. Next year there will be intentional winter cabbage which will be specifically grown for winter.
- Red Kale continues to outpace the green; letting the green get more growth. It is a small plant by nature.
- Arugula is great; Chives are available, Parsley isn’t in a good location so it is not ready.
In any regards, winter season is going well. Next week will have more sun, more growth, and you all benefit!