What’s in the box is a narrative regarding those veggies that are in the current garden, together with opinions and observations of the recent events that strike my fancy that week. There is a table of varieties, and a chance for the members to opt in or out of certain things. A comment might be “Wow, can I get extra?” or “Do Not Even Think about giving me (Cauliflower was an example of this). The table looks like the below, only with exact names as we get there.
What’s available in week 2:
- Dragon Radish is running out this week. The second wave of radishes did not propagate well, there will be a gap in week 2 and week 3 before we have more radishes.
- Beet Greens option: Enough for a few people – ask.
- Turnip Greens: not ready.
- Bok Choi – yes
- Cabbage – Yes. These are pretty homely looking – they were surface frozen while trying to form heads.
- Curly/Giant Mustard – Yes
- Spinach – Yes
- Lettuce – Main variety is “North Pole”, secondary for Full Share is Rosie or Outredgeous
- Kale – Yes
- Bulb Onions – ask only. Mostly done, the overwintered onions are getting past their prime.
- Onion Greens
Here is the plan: (two options for Personal; 4 options for Full)
|Carrots||3 roots, overwintered|
|Parsley||3-4 small branches|
|Bulb Onion||1 Red or White or Yellow|
|Spinach||About half a lettuce head|
|Green Onions||3-4 large overwintered|
|Large Curly Mustard||2 large leaves|
|Beet Greens||1 plant|
|Asian Mustard Greens||1 plant||must ask|
|Bok Choi||1 head||must ask|
|Asparagus||4-6 large spears||not this week|
|Red/Green Kale||2-4 leaves|
|Cilantro||4-5 tiny branches|