In 2023, Shilofarm will have about 120 specific varieties of produce. The types are ‘grouped’ into:
- Cool, Warm, Dual
- Short (less than 6 weeks) and Long (over 6 weeks, duh.)
- Greens: Lettuces, Spinaches, Mustards, mostly.
- Crunchies: Carrots, Beets, Radishes, Cucumbers, Turnips
- Herbs: Basil, Cilantro, Chives, Dill, Parsley, Garlic, Oregano, Mint
- Squashes: Summer (Patty Pan, Crook neck, Zucchini)
- Brassicas: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Pac Choi
- Starches: Corn, Beans, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes
- Onions: green and bulb (Walla Walla, Red and Yellow)
- Fruits, (veggie): Tomatoes, Peppers, Eggplant
- Fruits, other: Strawberries, Raspberries, Grapes, Peaches, Apples, Plums
Additionally, there are flowers added to each box as they are ready – Roses are the most common, but also Snapdragons, Stock, Statice, Zinnia, Chrysanthemum, and others.
Just to highlight – Lettuce and greens are a substantially important product. There is a salad in every box; if a member doesn’t want salads, well, this may not be a good thing for them.
Each week there is an email update to the members before picking that allows some excited feedback (more or less of something).